Thursday, June 24, 2010

A bit of a slide

A lot has happened in Natstown since my last post. I went to the park for the Strasburg game against the White Sox last Friday. It was a great atmosphere. My wife and I made the drive in from Virginia in 1:20. We were able to make the drive home in 1:01. We watched Strasburg strike out 10 and get minimal run support for the no decision. Similar to last night where Strasburg struck out 9, got zero run support, and took his first career loss.

In other news, some good friends of mine just signed for an apartment within walking distance of the Center Field gate of Nats Park. I always thought it would be cool to live that close to a ballpark. In fact, I often joke to my wife that I will retire to a ballpark condo.

On the field the Nats bats are cold, cold, cold. I'm not gonna look it up, but I think it was something like 11 runs during the 6 game homestand. Not good. Especially when 3 of the games were against the Royals. The Nationals are now 3-7 over their last ten games and now 7 games below .500 with yesterday marking their 40th loss. Hopefully, they will rebound and set themselves up for a strong second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment